Thread: Resource Points for a "library"?

Default Resource Points for a "library"?

Just wondering... what would a "library" be considered - trying to burn up an "old thinker": a crazy old codger who spends his winter years cooped up in his musty library...

Was thinking about something like a workshop (although research/history/etc doesn't need a workshop)..

any ideas?

Forgive me, it is late, and I don't have my BWG in front of me, but I think I would probably rule a library a workshop for point expenditure purposes.

They don't require tools, but any non-crazy GM is going to expect you to have something to do research from. A library would do nicely, and workshop pricing fits. (Actually, that's generous. A library cost far more than a blacksmith's shop.)

You could do something semi-fiddly where the base cost gets a reasonable library with mostly general knowledge books for researching and what not. Anything beyond that might be extra resource points. Specific subjects and the like.
    -Jeremiah

Derailed: Gaming Outside the Box

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
    They don't require tools, but any non-crazy GM is going to expect you to have something to do research from. A library would do nicely, and workshop pricing fits. (Actually, that's generous. A library cost far more than a blacksmith's shop.)
    Ummm, yeah. If we're sticking with the implied 12th century medieval period, a library would be worth astronomically more.
    --James R.