Thread: Burning Dice: a die-roller app for Android

Default Burning Dice: a die-roller app for Android

I've been fiddling with this on and off for a while now, and I think it's reached a level of functionality that makes it worth sharing with people.
    It is, as the topic title says, a die-roller app. You can specify things like open-endedness, Beginner's Luck, Artha expenditure, and so forth, and it'll show the results of the roll and report whether you succeeded the roll and what sort of test you earned. Or you can hit a button to quickly toss out some number of dice vs. ob 1. There's even the option to spend Fate or Deeds after the roll. There's still some work to do - you can think of this as a beta version.

.apk file for Burning Dice v0.9, current version as of 9/24/2014 (Here are some instructions for installing .apk files on your device.)
    Source code on GitHub

Let me know if it's useful to someone out there, or if you find any bugs/rule implementation mistakes, or if it doesn't work on your smartphone. (It isn't really set up for use on tablets right now, but you can try it and see what happens.)

Features I Might Add Someday:
    -Versus/Graduated tests
    -Better graphical feedback - colors to tell sixes/successes/traitors apart at a glance or something.
    -Roll Log for easy reference at the end of the session.
    -Multi-user sessions to share roll results among the group and pass helping dice to other players.
    -Actually roll the dice by rubbing the touchscreen or shaking your phone or something?
    -In the distant future, I might conceivably port it to iOS, but don't hold your breath. I currently have no idea how one does such a thing. Also, I lack the hardware to test it on.