Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Charred: An Unofficial Online BWG Character Burner

Prince/Princess still not working.

The Shopkeeper lifepath in the City setting is a little bit off. It gives 1 skill point but should give 4.

It would be handy to have a "Spells" section for things that Men and Orcs can spend RP on. Bonus points if the list actually has the spells with costs. Adding them as custom gear works, but spells aren't really gear.
    Last edited by Wayfarer; 08-20-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
    Prince/Princess still not working.
    Do you mean the skill prerequisites for Prince/Princess? They seem to be working for me; I can only take Prince/Princess after I've taken Sword Singer. If you mean the trait prerequisites, Charred does them differently: you're allowed to take a lifepath if you don't have the required trait. It adds a warning to the trait section saying "You must take X trait to satisfy Y lifepath". That warning remains until you take the trait.

The Shopkeeper lifepath in the City setting is a little bit off. It gives 1 skill point but should give 4.
    Good point! I'll correct that.

It would be handy to have a "Spells" section for things that Men and Orcs can spend RP on. Bonus points if the list actually has the spells with costs. Adding them as custom gear works, but spells aren't really gear.
    Yeah, that's true. I'll add that to the to-do list.

Just pushed a new version with Shopkeeper fixed.

I don't mean you can't get Prince/Princess, I mean it doesn't seem to be recognized as a requirement for other lifepaths.

In the settings, where you can override the prerequisite requirements, it would be nice if you could enable a few more things:

1. Leads to anywhere. Because if you're ignoring requirements you may also be ignoring the lead requirements.

2. Freedom to raise stats/skills/attributes/traits above the pool limits. Sometimes you just wanna cheat. But other times you need to alter stats in ways that Charred doesn't recognize. If you've changed rounding from root stats (e.g. Acute) you might need extra skills. If you alter stats (e.g. Vigor of Youth) or attribute (lots of Orcish Hatred traits, some Health and Steel modifiers in particular) you might need to do it by hand. And of course sometimes you might want to e.g. give humans different free cultural traits.

Also, any interest in adding the MonBu stocks or the MaBu extra wizard LPs? I could try to make time to write and format them for you if they're something you consider worthwhile.

I don't mean you can't get Prince/Princess, I mean it doesn't seem to be recognized as a requirement for other lifepaths.
    Oops, I see what you mean now. I'll look into that.

In the settings, where you can override the prerequisite requirements, it would be nice if you could enable a few more things:

1. Leads to anywhere. Because if you're ignoring requirements you may also be ignoring the lead requirements.

2. Freedom to raise stats/skills/attributes/traits above the pool limits. Sometimes you just wanna cheat. But other times you need to alter stats in ways that Charred doesn't recognize. If you've changed rounding from root stats (e.g. Acute) you might need extra skills. If you alter stats (e.g. Vigor of Youth) or attribute (lots of Orcish Hatred traits, some Health and Steel modifiers in particular) you might need to do it by hand. And of course sometimes you might want to e.g. give humans different free cultural traits.
    Good suggestions! I'll incorporate that.

Also, any interest in adding the MonBu stocks or the MaBu extra wizard LPs? I could try to make time to write and format them for you if they're something you consider worthwhile.
    That's a good question. Would they work with BWG? If so, then I'd add them for sure. I could also make another setting to enable/disable those.

Just pushed a new version with some fixes:

- Corrected lifepaths that didn't work as a prerequisite for other lifepaths:
    Elven: Patriarch/matriarch, Prince/princess
    Mannish: Prince
    Orcish: Packmaster, Whipmaster
    - When lifepath requirement enforcement is turned off, show all settings and subsettings
    - Cheat Mode: Added a new setting to disable the enforcement of point limits.
    - Orcish Hatred now takes into account the Hatred-affecting traits (Kicking the Beast, Yowling, etc.)

If the LP includes Appropriate Weapons, Charred prompts selection of weapons, but then it moves those choices to the end of the skill list. When Appropriate Weapons is the first skill, the skills still move to the end and the second skill becomes the required skill. That's not quite right.

The "Healthy" trait has a very minor capitalization error with the word HEalth.

The MonBu stocks would work just fine as far as I can tell. I'd be happy to write them out if you give me the proper format. If that needs code/script in it too I can do that as long as I know what it is. You could post or PM me the format for the existing LPs if it's not something exceptionally complicated and in multiple places.

I think the Steel "Have you take a soldier, conscript, bandit, etc." LP question should probably remain a checkbox. It's a little bit subjective. Is a city guard a soldier? Is a squire? It really depends on the game.

If the LP includes Appropriate Weapons, Charred prompts selection of weapons, but then it moves those choices to the end of the skill list. When Appropriate Weapons is the first skill, the skills still move to the end and the second skill becomes the required skill. That's not quite right.
    Hmm, that's a good point. That makes me realize there might be another problem with expanding the appropriate weapons: you have to spend points on each weapon separately, instead of them all incrementing at once. I wonder if the intent of appropriate weapons is that spending 3 points, say, would open all weapons and increase their exponents all by two? Or are you supposed to still increase them separately?

The "Healthy" trait has a very minor capitalization error with the word HEalth.
    Ok, I'll fix that.

The MonBu stocks would work just fine as far as I can tell. I'd be happy to write them out if you give me the proper format. If that needs code/script in it too I can do that as long as I know what it is. You could post or PM me the format for the existing LPs if it's not something exceptionally complicated and in multiple places.
    That would be great! Let me write up a good explanation of the format and I'll send it to you.

I think the Steel "Have you take a soldier, conscript, bandit, etc." LP question should probably remain a checkbox. It's a little bit subjective. Is a city guard a soldier? Is a squire? It really depends on the game.
    Yeah that makes sense.

Appropriate Weapons is intended to let you choose any number of individual weapons skills. It is not, itself, a skill. The book is unfortunately unclear on the subject but the way you have it set up now is correct.

The best solution is to put the individual "Appropriate Weapons" skills at the same point in the skill list as the "Appropriate Weapons" entry. If it's first, the first of those will come out as the required skill, right?

The best solution is to put the individual "Appropriate Weapons" skills at the same point in the skill list as the "Appropriate Weapons" entry. If it's first, the first of those will come out as the required skill, right?
    Yeah, that's probably the best solution.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast