Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Charred: An Unofficial Online BWG Character Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
    Typo: In the "Fea" trait, says "taek" instead of "take" in the description.
    Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by tipsta View Post
    On Charred, the Roden Skill Preaching lists Perception/Speed as the roots when it should just be Will.
    Oops! Fixed that.

Additionally, it looks like some of the races are missing their Special Traits from the Special Traits drop down (only Roden and Orcs, I think).
    Hmm...at least for Roden they seem to be showing up at the very end of the list instead of being sorted alphabetically. I'll have to look into that.

You said you were trying to add trait bonuses, the mannish trait Chosen One might be easy to add, it grey shades Faith.
    That's a good point. It's on the list.

The Roden common traits Pack Rat and Skittish (page 118 Monster Burner) are missing. Also the bolts and arrowheads (pages 557-558 BWG) are missing from the resources drop down, as are the beaks, spikes, etc modifications for arms (pages 202, 555 BWG). There's also a caveat for Elves that meet a certain criteria can get a bow for 5rps (page 175 BWG). Thinking about it now, I'm sure there are other weird resources, while they could be added as custom entries, they are in the book. Not sure where you draw that line though, and I'm curious if want want this information brought to you or not.

Roden stuff can probably wait until the big update with the Codex.

Is there a way to bypass the gender-roles enforcement? We're playing with a setting where LPs are coded more by your respective family status than your own gender.
    -- Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_P View Post
    Is there a way to bypass the gender-roles enforcement? We're playing with a setting where LPs are coded more by your respective family status than your own gender.
    Make your character female in charred and just edit that out on the sheet? IIRC (which I might not be) there are no MALE exclusive lifepaths.
    Alternatively, there is a checkbox under settings that you can uncheck to remove enforcement of requirements checking in general.

Quote Originally Posted by novaniv View Post
    Alternatively, there is a checkbox under settings that you can uncheck to remove enforcement of requirements checking in general.
    Nice. Thank you.
    -- Alex

Hello, I have a potential bug to report! A character who takes Son Of A Gun and the Seafaring Sailor does not qualify for the First Mate lifepath, despite that meeting the requirements of two sailor/seafaring lifepaths. It seems like it's only including lifepaths besides the Born path.

Two bugs:
    Orc LP Great One does not have Brooding as the first Trait
    Steel should be raised by 2 if the Will exponent is 7 or higher. In Charred it isn't raising until 8 Will.

Say, anyway to make the Brutal Life for orcs optional in the builder?
    Currently trying to burn up some NPCs and when I experiment with different LPs I sometimes invoke the "you removed an LP with a 1" rule which means I have to completely restart.
    I think it is a neat feature, but, as a player, I typically roll these at the table anyway (plus do even MORE of the aforementioned lifepath swapping when it is gonna be a PC), and as a GM I'll often just decide what, if any, of the BL injuries I want the NPC to have.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast