Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Charred: An Unofficial Online BWG Character Burner

Gifted Child is in the Magic Burner. I'm guessing we'll see it in the Compendium. It's a single volume with updated optional rules from the Magic, Monster, and Adventure Burner books. The Kickstarter ended a while ago, so I'm guessing it'll be available for general purchase sometime after August-ish? That's speculation, but in the past, new books have generally been done and distributed right around GenCon time.

Quote Originally Posted by kanobe View Post
    Where's Born Gifted from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Gifted Child is in the Magic Burner. I'm guessing we'll see it in the Compendium. It's a single volume with updated optional rules from the Magic, Monster, and Adventure Burner books. The Kickstarter ended a while ago, so I'm guessing it'll be available for general purchase sometime after August-ish? That's speculation, but in the past, new books have generally been done and distributed right around GenCon time.
    Yeah Gifted Child is from the Magic Burner, along with several other interesting Life Paths. As Shaun said it's likely that it will be included in the Burning Wheel Codex. Speaking of which, is adding spells as to the Resources list something you have high on your priorities after those Trait bonuses you mentioned?

By Compendium I mean Codex. Obviously.

Have you looked into a method for saving the data as a seed, so people could copy/paste to each other for faster sharing? Unrelated, there's a typo on the Call-On trait Meticulous, where it currently says "Al non-physical/martial arts skill tests..." it should say "All".

Quote Originally Posted by tipsta View Post
    Have you looked into a method for saving the data as a seed, so people could copy/paste to each other for faster sharing?
    What's a seed?

Unrelated, there's a typo on the Call-On trait Meticulous, where it currently says "Al non-physical/martial arts skill tests..." it should say "All".
    Oops thanks! I'll fix that.

What's a seed?
    Well I'm not actually a programmer, so I don't know the proper vocabulary. Here are some surface level resources I've found: Procedural Generation and a Reddit post about the matter
    I've only seen it in heavy use in video games to be honest, so it might be unrealistic to get such a feature. If you go googling about many result may be about Minecraft, as it generates it's world from a seed, that contains all of the terrain data, that can be shared among players.

Oops thanks! I'll fix that.
    Just found another, also a Call-on trait, under Sense of Direction "a sailer doesn't do so well in the mountains." should be "sailor". Another typo can be found in the Die Trait Wheather sense, where you misspelled "headaches" in "...back pain or hceadaches...". Additionally, the Weather Witch Lifepath in Seafaring Setting doesn't require you to be female (page 189 Burning Wheel Gold) even though on Charred you have it as a prerequisite.
    Last edited by tipsta; 06-02-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Well I'm not actually a programmer, so I don't know the proper vocabulary.
    Oh, I see what you mean; the seed for the pseudorandom number generator. I think in this case it doesn't really apply the same way since we're not generating a random character.

However characters can be (relatively) easily passed using the file created via the "Download Character" link.

Just found another, also a Call-on trait, under Sense of Direction "a sailer doesn't do so well in the mountains." should be "sailor". Another typo can be found in the Die Trait Wheather sense, where you misspelled "headaches" in "...back pain or hceadaches...". Additionally, the Weather Witch Lifepath in Seafaring Setting doesn't require you to be female (page 189 Burning Wheel Gold) even though on Charred you have it as a prerequisite.
    Good catches! I'll correct those. Let me know if you find more.

An FYI on a bug.
    the gear "herd of animals" is supposed to count towards your resources exponent (BWG p204)

The charred application doesn't count it. (an easy fix might be to recategorise as property?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
    the gear "herd of animals" is supposed to count towards your resources exponent ... an easy fix might be to recategorise as property?
    Fixed! I've re-categorized it as property as you suggested.

Advisor To The Court only gives the RP for a longer than 1 year tenure, not the extra GP.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast