Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Charred: An Unofficial Online BWG Character Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I'm having trouble getting the First Mate LP in Seafaring.
    Fixed. There was a problem where it was not counting the previous seafaring lifepaths properly. It should be working now.

I've also decided not to count 'Son of a Gun' as one of the two lifepaths towards First Mate; otherwise right after boy you can become first mate. I think that makes sense, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kanobe View Post
    Fixed. There was a problem where it was not counting the previous seafaring lifepaths properly. It should be working now.

I've also decided not to count 'Son of a Gun' as one of the two lifepaths towards First Mate; otherwise right after boy you can become first mate. I think that makes sense, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well I can think of few situations that can be applicable. I mean maybe the boy we are talking about is son of the captain and stuff. But I see your point too. I don't feel strongly either way so it is fine for me.

Also, wanted to say, charred is a really nice tool. Thanks.

I also have an question, will you add health coordinates and weapon power calculator thingies in? Its not that big of a deal, i know. But i am thinking about using charred as character sheet in my games and it has upload/download character functionality, so i thought it'd be really useful as an digital character sheet that we can track everything on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifaus View Post
    Also, wanted to say, charred is a really nice tool. Thanks.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sifaus View Post
    I also have an question, will you add health coordinates and weapon power calculator thingies in? Its not that big of a deal, i know. But i am thinking about using charred as character sheet in my games and it has upload/download character functionality, so i thought it'd be really useful as an digital character sheet that we can track everything on.
    Yes, having something like that would be nice. I was thinking, though, that it would be a separate application since the interface would be different -- more like a character sheet. You would create your character in Charred, then load it into the "online play" app for tracking and playing.

If someone was interested in developing that separately the format of the saved .char file is pretty simple. If you open it in a text editor, you'll see it's just JSON.

As far as the weapon-power tables, it might make sense to add that to Charred.

A full-fledged character sheet is one thing, but adding calculating of the PTGS in addition to just the MW would be handy for character creation.

I'm gonna have to revisit everything I did for the MonBu stocks when the BW Compendium comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuseboy View Post
    Just stumbled on this, it looks great.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuseboy View Post
    My only complaint is that it changes my name every time I change my stock or gender!
    Just fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Aryanteva View Post
    1) I can pay LP Skill Points to open non-LP Training Skills.
    Oops, fixed that.

2) If I paid 50+ points in Affs, Repps and Relationships I should get +1 exponent to my Circles, but I don't.
    Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. Are you referring to the "Character Burning in 12 Easy Steps" section in BWG where it states "If a player spends 50 or more resource points on property (not gear) and relationships, his base starting Circles is raised by one"?

3) In the PDF option, Traits seems to be all Character Traits. Maybe you can add, apart from "Name: Bleh" and "Description: this trait does whatever it does", a "Type: Character" or "Type: Call-on", or whatever, and thus it will be shown in the correct place in the PDF sheet, pl

Also in the PDF option, but minor, some things overlap (like, really long names and titles with the stock), and the Relationships doesn't show if they are Important, Significant or Minor, and maybe the Gear would be better displayed in lines instead of one next to the other, and
    Yeah, the PDF character sheet may need an overhaul. It should probably be more pages so that there's more space for each section.

What do people think? Is anyone a fan of the current condensed PDF character sheet, or would people prefer a PDF with more pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
    A full-fledged character sheet is one thing, but adding calculating of the PTGS in addition to just the MW would be handy for character creation.
    Yeah, that's a good point. I've added it in.

Quote Originally Posted by kanobe View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point. I've added [PTGS] in.
    I'm extremely grateful for this new update. I'm curious, do you have a to do list of features you'd like to add in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by tipsta View Post
    I'm extremely grateful for this new update. I'm curious, do you have a to do list of features you'd like to add in the future?
    Yes, I have a TODO file where I put things people have requested and bugs that they've found. It's not online though

Born slave gives +1M/P in Charred instead of the -1M/P that's in the book.
    Jonas

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast