"Judd, another game set in the Forgotten Realms? Really?"
Daniel posted this character concept from junior high and I've been thinking about play-by-post and how it might be more workable in a one-on-one format...a blog post about it.
His character's beliefs:
- Freedom, Love and Family are the only things worth fighting for.
- I will seek and destroy Xeraz of Zhentil Keep; not even Bane (the God of Murder) will stop me.
- I will find my father and reclaim my elven ancestry.
- I always carry my mother's flute with me.
- If Nasharel is threatened, I protect her with my life.
- Never suffer an insult to my dual heritage.
Here's the thread in which we play. That isn't a story based on the game, that is us playing on a forum. The pace is glacial but that has its advantages too. We can look up rules and take our time, though I wonder how scripting is going to shake out. We'll see, might do that over IM or something.
Its kinda neat. You can see me blatantly hammer on his belief about Family, Love and honor and prod at his belief about reclaiming his elven heritage. I could've really been a dick and had his cousin give him shit about being a half-elf but that might've been too much dickishness too soon.
I'm trying to overcome the shortcomings of play-by-post with back and forth conversations that are more like huge blocks of text from video games, rather than directly having a conversation via forum. What we've done so far would have probably taken an hour or so at the table, I reckon but at the table, the details would not have been so clear. I'm intrigued by the format and Rob and I are starting up a BE game.
Its a whole lot to read but I thought it might be interesting to some folks. Questions, comments, are welcome...