Maelwys, world-famous locksmith and rogue
From Burning Wiki
See a picture of Maelwys here: 
Concept: Half-elven male. World-renowned locksmith and rogue.
Character Name: Maelwys (Pronounced quickly: male-ways)
Background: Raised in a brothel, worked his way up in the world to become a truly masterful locksmith and high-ranking thieves guild member. Occasionally dabbles in less than ethical projects that sometimes get him into trouble. He learned early on the dangers of seducing and using those in power. Moved to Taranis with his family to grieve a loss and escape his rising fame to work and live in relative piece. Polyamorous, but fiercely loyal.
Lifpaths: City Born -> Prostitute -> Criminal -> Apprentice -> Locksmith -> Journeyman -> Master Craftsman x6
Stats: Pe B6, Wi B6, Ag B5, Sp G4, Po B4, Fo B4
Attributes: Ref B5, Ste B7, He B7, MW B10, Hes 4, Res G7, Cir B4, Grief B6
PTGS: Su B3, Li B5, Mi B7, Se B8, Tr B9, Mo B10
Skills: Persuasion B6, Falsehood B6, Seduction B6, Soothing Platitudes B3, Haggling B3, Intimidation B3, Appraisal B3, Conspicuous B3, Inconspicuous B3, Climbing G4, Child-Rearing B3, Riding B3, Instruction B3, Locksmith G8, Blacksmith B4, Mending B4, Sleight of Hand B6, Stealthy G4, Observation B4, Knives B6, Bow B4, Throwing B6, Precision Training, Read B3, Write B2, Sex-wise B6, Lock-wise B8, Craftsman-wise B3, Noble-wise B3, Artisan-wise B3, Materials-wise B3, Tools-wise B3, Streetwise B3.
Gear: Locksmith & Thieves Tools, Printed Volumes, Writing Supplies, Traveling Gear, Finery, Clothes & Shoes, Pieces of Quality Leather Armor, Dwarven Mail Shirt, Superior Quality Sword, Dagger, Hunting Bow, and Knives.
Property: Small estate with a large cottage and several smaller ones, a large garden, goat yard, stables, and a locksmith forge. 
Affiliations: Thieves Guild 3D, Adventurers Guild 2D, Journeyman Craftsman, 1D
Reputations: World-class Locksmith 3D, Rogue-to-the-Core 2D, Murderer 1D
- Nharri: romantic, wife in all but name, mother of Matos, son, 8. 
- Song: romantic, wife in all but name, mother of Elac, son, 4, and Aleini, daughter, newborn.
- Haelan: grown daughter, mother of Jaedan, grandson, 10. 
- Glyn: grown son, hates father, whereabouts unknown.
- Laith: best friend, like a brother. , []
- Grand Duke Banning: strained understanding 
- Karmi: romantic
- Cobb: strained friendly
- Devon: friendly
- Rheinhardt: friendly, respectful
- Brynne: a valued family friend, or is she? WTF?
- Salvatore: strained
- Lady Gus: friendly
- Bruya: suspicious
Traits: Fey Blood: Essence of Earth, Tolerant, Poker Face, Steady Hands, Made Man, Ambitious, Charismatic, Handsome, Graceful, Quickened Pulse, Drug Addict, Grief.
Notes: Yeah, this guy's got a lot going for him. He started out as an NPC in D&D 2.0 in 1997 and has grown to near-epic proportions since evolving into 3.0, 3.5, and finally, Burning Wheel.
- My crimes have cost me a heavy tax. I will pay off my debt by seeking additional smithy jobs the sorcerers may require to form a Mage Guild.
- I don't know what she sees in him, but Karmi clearly cares deeply for Cobb. Because I care for her, I will seem the "good guy" by supporting Cobb as he plays at guild-building.
- If there's pleasure to be had, drink it deeply.
- If it threatens my family, destroy it.
- Always keep a knife concealed on my person.