From Burning Wiki
- The Questions
- Five kingdoms, connected by history and political ties, struggle with issues of class, poverty, religion, and the transition from noble authority to populist democracy.
- The town of New Market, in the nation of Westfold, a constitutional monarchy with many democratic institutions.
- Sorcerous Tailor - Bertrand (Lane)
- Elisot, Bertrand's business partner
- Ottranglomon -- "Ot" -- the Nomad
- Brother Gorbon, Inquisitor for the Sect of Omnos of the Great Miracle
- Sir Blaise, married into the local nobility
- Dame Ilissa, married to Sir Blaise by arrangement
- Father Blark and Sister Marsis, missionaries of the Sect of Omnos of the Great Miracle
- The Hidden Caravan, an international conspiracy to help those persecuted by religious intolerance, noble excess, or other abuses of authority.
- The Sect of Omnos of the Great Miracle, a conservative religion locally centered in Morgoland.
- The Inquisition thereof
- New Market Town Council, the local populist governing body, chaired by an elected Mayor.
- Esteemed Brotherhood of the Seven Moons, a fraternity of rich alumni of the Academy of the Thrice-Great Path. The Academy is a wealthy boarding school in Tengate which teaches Sorcerous magic to the wealthy and the powerful. Gifted peasants, who cannot or will not pay the cost to attend the school generally learn Practical Magic from their relatives or local Hedge Wizards and Witches.
- The Order of the Sheathed Blade , a guild-hall or club of sorts for those of noble blood in and around the town of New Market in Westfold.
- The Five Kingdoms -- five nations which, decades ago, were a single kingdom split amongst the children of a dying king. Each now charts it's own course.
- Ruler: King Kaskar, patriarchal inheritance
- Terrain: Largely mountainous and hilly
- Goods: Mines, metalworking, poor farming, some herding
- Cultural Traits: Laconic, Frugal, Deadly When Irked
- Ruler: Queen Margen, matriarchal inheritance, constitutional monarchy w/ direct vote
- Terrain: Mixture of hills and plains
- Goods: Wool, sheep, and other herd animals, some farming and wood products
- Cultural Traits: Wool-clad, Gentle, "Let's take a vote!"
- New Market, a town in central Westfold on a crossroads from the cities of Tengate and Old Market via the town of Elbow, as well as from Omnos' Glory in Morgoland. The central point of the campaign, and the home base of Bertrand.
- Ruler: King Merrik & Queen Aimara
- Terrain: Rich plains
- Goods: Farming and dairy
- Cultural Traits: Rustic, Easy Laugh, Unkempt
- The City State of Tengate
- Ruler: Mayor Doreg Tarkson, although technically Lord Quentin
- Terrain: Urban trading center
- Goods: Located on a navigable river, this is the most cosmopolitan part of the Five Kingdoms, and is the source of most foreign goods and the place most trade with the outside world happens. Trade, financial services. The Academy of the Thrice-Great Path is located here.
- Cultural Traits: Cosmopolitan, Mercenary, In A Hurry
- Ruler: King Morgo the IX & Glorom, Deacon of Omnos
- Terrain: Plains and marsh
- Goods: Wood, woodworking, wine, and hunting. Also, religious missionaries.
- Cultural Traits: Sarcastic, Fastidious, Devout